Friday, November 6, 2009

South Africa - The preview

Well it has been a busy week since returning. Work has been moving along at a clip. Also after many months of waiting things are finally moving forward with buying the house. If all things go right Anders will be closing exactly one week from today! After it is finalized we are hoping to spring into action and move into the house before heading to Kansas for Thanksgiving! Who knows if it will really happen that way - we are trying to strike a perfect balance of not stressing ourselves out, while moving as fast as week can. It all still seems a little surreal after almost 5 months of waiting, but that is also mixed with a huge amount of excitement. Cross your fingers that everything goes well.


Unfortunately I have not had a chance to go through my pictures yet or write the very long and detailed blog post I am planning. I would do it this weekend except Anders, Huxley and I are headed down to Chapel Hill this evening. We will be visiting Anders parents and go to the UNC/Duke football game with friends. I am really looking forward to it.


So basically South Africa will have to wait until next week. To keep you hanging on I will leave you with a pretty cool tidbit. This is on the game drive and is the only video I shot while there. You will see two baby lion cubs and an adolescent male lion. You will also hear some really inspirational narration from yours truly as well as a little play by play from our South African guide Doug.





Unfortunately my camera died before the mama lion came into view. Doug was right though - only moments later she came over and let the bigger male know who was boss.


Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment