Wednesday, October 21, 2009

San Francisco Adventures

I moved to San Francisco almost two months ago and I am amazed at how much I am loving life. When I moved to Santa Barbara from DC five years ago, I always assumed I would return to the East Coast after grad school -- so much so that I referred to my time in California as my "Study Abroad." And even if coming to SF wasn't part of my plan and DC has always felt like home, I am really pleased with my work, life, social, well-being balance in the city by the bay. My apartment is beautiful and on top of Potrero Hill with beautiful weather and views of the city and the Bay Bridge; my commute via train to Stanford takes about an hour door-to-door and I get to watch the sunrise every morning from it; and I feel good about the friends, old and new, that have been in my life since moving.

I'm glad Lyndsey spearheaded this idea to have a brother-sister-bicoastal-blog together and keep in touch with friends and family this way. It will be a fun way to connect our family that spans the country! Here are some pictures of my life in SF:

Here is the 22nd Street Station where I catch my morning train. It's about 2.5 blocks from my apartment and is under the freeway! I try not to think about what would happen in an earthquake...



This is the tower on Stanford's campus. This is the view from the front of my building, Vaden Student Health Center, where Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is located.


One view from my backyard! Potrero Hill is the best neighborhood in the city -- it's clean and quiet and cute. It has access to everything you want, but is like a suburb in the city.

This is me and my favorite nephew, Huxley, from my last trip to DC.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited about this blog and love it already!
    So glad your life is going so well in SF. It is a beautiful place. Keep posting!
    love, Aunt Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for this blog as well! San Fransisco looks absolutely beautiful, and your nephew is adorable (though I've heard is a little rebellious). :)

    ReplyDelete